we're back


Eight months, huh? They've gone quickly. What's new? We're sleep-deprived, but happy. Funnypants still isn't close to sleeping through the night, but every day knocks a bit off the unshaped-ness of her personhood. She loves her sister, pureed peaches, baths, birds, and flapping her arms. She has a wicked little sense of humor already; she loves to pretend to bite her daddy's nose. She is growing and learning and taking in the world around her. 
Her sister has been busy taking in the world too--going on field trips, learning to read, skiing the half-pipe, devouring books on CD, playing soccer, and becoming smarter and more beautiful every day. She is impertinent and clever and thoughtful, and is frightfully good at debating (aka arguing). 

Hubby has been working hard, having great success, traveling a lot, and loving his girls. Me? I've been trying to keep my head above water and wishing I was a more organized person. I'm trying...that's about all I can say. I am not organized or good at accomplishing things, or a good parent, but I am trying. And that counts for something, right? Right now I'm reading Positive Discipline to try to be a better parent, and also Seven Times the Sun to be a more thoughtful family member. I am wildly inconsistent in applying lessons learned from these and other books. I have remembered many mornings to send Sweet Pea off to school with this little ritual (from Seven Times the Sun) at the door though...

Open wide the door to morning;
take love as you depart.
Walk gently on the earth
with kindness in your heart. 

Good advice to all of us, no?

Hope all of you are well. I'll try to see you here more often.

Comments

Popular Posts