A little dose of feel-good

Well hey there. How are you? Been a while...

Figured I'd go back to the quaint, old-fashioned form of communication: blogs. I started this blog while I was in the hospital on bedrest with our 2nd kidlet, to keep everyone updated. That kidlet is now *ahem* 10. Time flies.

That time in the hospital was both SO LONG (11 weeks of bedrest, much of it spent in the hospital), and also flew by without me really noticing it. We're in a similar time of forced stillness and uncertainty now during stay-at-home directives due to COVID-19. During that long time of waiting 10 years ago, we found ourselves snatching moments of joy, though- lunch every day with my hubby when he would come from work and share a vanilla milkshake with me, an overnight pizza party with the older kidlet when the so, so, kind hospital staff brought games and a gluten free pizza (from the grocery store!) for us to enjoy. Same with now- family soccer in the park, dog walks with my now-teenager, family game nights, cooking adventures, and laughter amidst a whole lot of stress, fear, uncertainty, boredom, and grumpiness.

I don't seem to have the desire or attention for print stuff right now, except right before bed. I started this post to round up my favorite feel-good things on the internet a few months ago, in the thick of staying home, but I'm just getting around to finishing it. Whatevs- we could all still use some non-demanding enjoyment.

So- here ya go- these are the (semi) guilty pleasures of the moment.

My daily blog that I visit: A Cup of Jo. A little of everything escapist on there: food, everyday fashion, lifestyle, family, home, travel. My favorite post so far: this one, about her aunt who is taking care of her grandmother in Cornwall. I wish I was half as zen and cheerful as her.

My new favorite everyday videos: Dr. Bertice Berry. Warm, wise, and uses stories so beautifully. Plus, those glasses! Love. I usually catch her on Facebook, but she's on YouTube too. This is the one that first caught my attention.

And lastly, have y'all watched Never Have I Ever, on Netflix? Sure, it's made for 15-year-olds, but I totally binge watched it in a weekend. Either I have the mentality of a 15-year-old, or it's really made for middle-aged women. Maybe I though it was funny because I identify with the mom...who cares. I enjoyed it thoroughly. Much better and less obsessed with sex than the trailer suggests.


Comments

Popular Posts