names
We've been trying to decide on baby names BEFORE the baby is born this time around; of course we can't. I think we need more sleep deprivation before we're ready to say "sure honey: Sugar Blossom Canyon Sage Airplane Healey sounds great." Meanwhile, I stumbled onto the great Bad Baby Names Blog about what NOT to name your kid. Be forewarned, though--it's pretty snide and a little mean. Which is of course why I laughed until I almost peed my pants. I think my hubby thought I was certifiably insane while I was reading this. Maybe you have to be in the midst of the whole naming dilemma to think it's funny...or maybe I am just insane.
Right now, we have a list of names we both don't hate, which seems to be about the best we can do. With our other daughter, it took us at least 2 days after she was born to come up with a name. Every 10 minutes the hospital staff would screech into the room waving the official yellow paperwork and ask breathlessly "do you have a name yet?" It should have stressed me out 'cuz I normally follow every rule and don't like bureaucrats mad at me, but for whatever reason, I think both of us took perverse pleasure in waiting until the last minute for the name. Not that we did it on purpose--we really couldn't come up with a name. What finally did it? Hubby, in his fog of sleep deprivation, heard a song on the way back to the hospital from attending to the dog's needs. That song held the key. We like the name; Sweet Pea has her doubts about our naming abilities.
Comments
Post a Comment