What's YOUR word?



Live from the bed: I'm still here. For those just joining us on the Great Bedrest Caper, three weeks ago I had some big problems with the pregnancy and ended up at the hospital for a day. The upshot is that I may either be in or at really high risk for preterm labor. The stinky part is that all this started when I was only 25 weeks along. Soooo...I am ordered to bedrest, and shots and medicines. Not what I would choose, but at least we've gotten another 3 weeks along, and I've been able to be at home. My amazing husband and family members who dropped everything to fly out here and help have made it possible. Not to mention a very helpful elf who delivers the "room service" and makes me wonderful creations out of paper and tape to play with. Thanks, Sweetpea.
Now, as for the name of this blog, those are Our Words. Someone asked once what "my word" was: what one word would sum you up? Much as I wish it was solve or risk or dance or dream or sure or deep or river or tree or stillness or something similarly beautiful/admirable, I am pretty sure it would be fret. I fret in line at the post office,  at night, brushing my teeth, while walking, cooking, gardening, sitting around, meditating- I can fret anywhere, anytime. My little monkey mind climbs around the trees and looks for nice fretting fruits to drop on me. And if it doesn't find any, it frets about that. I've been trying to get better over the years (hence the meditation) but I'm afraid my word would still probably be fret. Some of it may be due to girly multitasking; making a list in your head of the thousand things that need to be done while doing three other things and simultaneously accomplishing none of them, but mostly it's just unproductive spinning. Maybe sometime I can change my word. Wouldn't that be something? Flow is my handsome husband's word. He is able to let things go much more than I am, and pretty much never worries about things when it's unproductive to do so. Lucky dog. Or more evolved dog. 
Anyway, what's YOUR word?
 



Comments

Popular Posts