better
Squeaked out one mo' day. After an actual shower this AM, I felt much better. Everyone has that one thing that makes them feel human again after a rough day: coffee, the news, a favorite outfit, the dog, a run, fresh flowers. For me, it's taking a shower. Go figure--it's like coffee is for a lot of people; I don't feel the day has started right until I've had my nice warm meditate-y shower. I know, highly un-eco of me.
The day ended on a lovely note with my dear hubby doing two huge favors for me: restocking the gluten-free pantry, and going to the library to pick up books for me. The latter favor even involved him having to go through the stacks to find chick-lit books for me (I seem to only be able to read froth right now, though the first one I picked to read is Richard Russo's That Old Cape Magic which is well-written semi-froth and I'm loving so far), and then having to go check out those pink-covered books at the desk in front of an actual human being. Doesn't he deserve gold stars? Plus he made my favorite vegetable: swiss chard with raisins and lots of local garlic. PLUS he brought home lots of chocolate. Thank you, baby.
Don't know what tomorrow will bring, but we're glad to have gotten one day further along.
Comments
Post a Comment