hallway
If I had a camera, I would have taken a picture of the hallway today so you could all know how exciting it is to see the outside of my room. I don't, so you'll just have to imagine it...
Got to go for a wheelchair ride to see the perinatologist today for an ultrasound. Today was pretty much just pictures of the baby to see if she's growing OK. Much more fun than last month's where they didn't care about the baby as much as my anatomy. Really didn't care to see that, thanks very much.
Funnypants had her hands in front of her face (in fact, at least 1 finger IN the mouth) so we didn't get great profile pics, but got a nice one of a front view of her face. She actually looks like a human baby now instead of the alien baby pictures you tend to get in earlier ultrasounds. The fluid around her looks normal (good, since I'm always paranoid that I'm leaking and don't know it), and after a tense few minutes with the tech, the doc came in and said her heart looks just as it should. They think she's measuring over 4 pounds, which would be great.
If she stays in through the end of next week, they may check me again, with a possibility of sending me home for a while at 34ish weeks.
We shall see. Meanwhile, it's nice to have a cute (to us, anyway) pic to remind us what we're doing this for, instead of just kicks to the ribs :)
Comments
Post a Comment