yep, still here
Had a scheduled monitoring/shot appointment yesterday AM, and just as I got off the elevator, problems started. Ugh. Seriously? And of course the office staff were not the usuals, the dr. was not the usual and not available, and they said "go have a seat for a while and we'll call you". Umm, bleeding here? Don't you think lying down might be a good idea? Or maybe something so I don't bleed on your chairs?
Since it wasn't my regular doc, she sent me to be monitored for a couple hours in labor and delivery. Funnypants looked great on the monitors. I was having contractions, but they didn't dilate me more, so they sent me home again. The plus side of all this was that at least we were already scheduled to be there so we didn't have to make a special emergency trip...
The conquered slide is in the background
In other big news, Sweet Pea went to the pool yesterday with hubby and she finally went down the slide! The first time, she apparently went down with all her arms and legs sticking out to slow her down, so she almost had to jump out to exit the slide. Not so the next 9 times; she went down full speed ahead. Yay!
As for me, as we try to eke out each day, I've been enjoying the Green Wing episodes on hulu. Did anyone ever watch the British sitcom Coupling? It reminds me of that: a bit raunchy, very strange, but funny. The other lovely thing about it is that it's a hospital show that has nothing to do with patients or disease. All the ones in this country have become so much about "shocking". A man with a tree embedded in his chest! A sinking ferry! 18 hospital helicopters colliding and setting the hospital on fire! Who needs more of the horrible, when there is plenty in real life. I do like the personal stories of the hospital staff, and I wish they would leave it at that more. But obviously that's just me.
Comments
Post a Comment