of limbo, the internet, and blueberries

The latest life lesson I'm trying to accept from all this pregnancy problem nonsense is living with uncertainty. Not one of my strong points. During the scare on Thursday, I think both hubby and I felt at least some measure of "Well, this sucks and is scary, but at least maybe limbo-time is over."  Of course we both realize that longer inside is better, and we are happy for every day we get after yet another scare, but the NOT KNOWING is exhausting. There are so many unknowns: when will the next scare come, is everything OK inside, will everything be OK once the time really does come. I guess it's that fret vs. flow thing again. I'm trying, world, I'm trying to learn!

The wonders of the internet were apparent again this AM. We wanted to sign Sweet Pea up for camp this week at the local gym, but the owners are sometimes hard to get a hold of in person. From my little beddie-bye, I was able to find the brochure with the camps listed on it, pick a camp, e-mail the owner, who e-mailed back with her phone #. I called, and it turns out even though it's a local number, she is spending the year in Costa Rica: she just took her internet phone with her. So I was able to pay the lady in Costa Rica for our local camp, while I can't even leave this room. Cool.

The big excitement of the weekend was what hubby and sweet pea brought when they visited yesterday. BLUEBERRIES. Sure, not exciting to you, but these blueberries were grown on our front steps. I have been told by sooo many people that it is impossible to grow blueberries where we are, but I thought it was worth a shot. We miss our huge juicy organic Oregon blueberries, so even this handful of tiny cuties was a miracle. They might have been tiny, but they were delicious! So now I'm all ready to plant more next year. Maybe then we'll actually get 20 blueberries. 


Comments

Popular Posts