quickie update

Well. Just got my computer back after a crazy few days. So here's the quick update: Everything went haywire on Thursday: contracting, bleeding, blah, blah, blah. Ended up on an IV, then moved over to Labor and Delivery for continuous monitoring. Only good part about all that was that I actually got to see what's outside my door--while being royally transported in MY BED. Kind of surreal--it's a strange mode of transportation. Spent a miserable night feeling sorry for myself because I was tethered in 18 different ways to the bed and IV and no rest and in scary limbo-land. I had to laugh in the middle of all that, though-I though of the title of Heather Armstrong's (the lady behind the Dooce blog) book It Sucked and Then I Cried  and I thought, "yep-that about sums it up". They let me go back to my regular swanky suite the next day, though, since it looked like things had sort of calmed down. It felt like coming home. So...just been being quiet since then, reading the Harry Potter books to keep my mind off everything, and trying to get as many days with the bun in the oven as possible. And now with the computer back, I have a link to the outside world again. Hooray!

Comments

Popular Posts